Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up


Am I the only one who's noticing how its staying a bit more dark in the mornings? Normally when I get home from the gym (5:30am ish), the sun is somewhat lighting up the sky. No so much this morning and you know what? Im friggin THRILLED! Seriously, this Summer has been fantastic and laid back, but I will be happy as a clam with red and yellow leaves and a crisp wind blowing. And y'all know what happens after Fall?Winter!!! CHRISTMAS!!!!! That's right, I said it! It's roughly 4 months away...let that sink in for a second. I am one of the biggest Christmas lovers you'll ever meet. Im "that girl" who decorates for it the day after Thanksgiving (if I can contain myself even that long)

me too, Honey Boo Boo...me too.


However, it is still Summer time, and I intend to drink in every ray of sunshine (and pool cocktail), until it gets too cold. This weekend I did exactly that. We went...CAMPING! With my parents, which honestly I was nervous about. I love my parents, but I'd never been camping with them as an adult, so I was a teensy bit leery. But it went great! So great in fact, we want to make it a tradition every year. We went to a place called Sly Park Lake which is a big hit around these parts. I am shocked I'd never been there, its only about 30-35 minute drive from my house, but its BEAUTIFUL! People are on boats, kayaks, their just floating around on tubes, kids have shallow places to play, its great. 

Throwing me the laid back look on our way 

Taking a page out of my good friend, Willie Robertson's style book

Seriously the best site! That was our view of the lake

 Day at the lake with my little man

He just wouldn't give up that chip bag...

Its a tough life...

 The entire trip, if you looked at Troy, he had his fishing pole. Im seeing big things fish in his future


Okay, y'all, ready for your mind to be blown? Replace the Hersey with a Reese's PB cup on a smore. Thank you, Pinterest!! This will always be a must for me and my camping days now.

Starting the campfire for the night


CHEERS!!! My mom's face describes this weekend perfectly :)



2 comments:

elle rae-marie said...

sure doesn't feel like summer out.

YUCK.

I love camping and haven't been for so long...where was the invite?!

Happy Monday!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Cute pic of the bandana look.. I dig.. I haven't camped at Sly Park but I went there in grade school for the week away at camp thing..