Monday, November 7, 2011

Workin on my Fitness, He's my Witness

Hey hey ladies! So lets discuss fitness, shall we? I'm really not having an issue with the working out. On average, I'm running about 3.5 miles 3 times a week. I shred before bedtime, etc. But food...FOOOOOOD is what my downfall is. It starts off great in the morning, later in the morning, lunch is superb, but when 3/4pm hit all the way through dinner time, all I want is crap. I want lots of ooey gooey crap. I never allow myself it, but what I do allow myself - a lot of veggies and hummus, I'll grab a couple 40 calorie rice cakes here and there, and then after T Man is in bed, I have a glass (maybe 2 depending on how he was that day) of wine. I have always said I run to eat. Its about 90% true. However, I'd like to lose a bit, tighten up a bit, rather than maintain.

I took some pictures this morning after my run of my progress. Of course I'm pretty impressed thus far, so hopefully by the end of my "The Body and the Baby 2012" program (ending sometime Spring/Summer 2012), I'll be one sexy mutha'.


Please excuse the dead animals and messiness - this would be my dads office/hunting gear storage. Just happens to be where the treadmill is

How you doin?



When my madre decides to come back stateside (hey mom!), I'm going to be signing up for the gym and she can watch Troy. I need to tone up. It's pretty embarrassing how bad my thighs jiggle.

I'm not sure if y'all read Ravens post about going vegetarian or about Laura's clean eating, but it inspired me mucho! Before Troy was born, it was salads everyday for me for lunch. I LOVE salads, so it wasn't some "girly, oh she only eats salads and water" sorta deal. I loaded them up with every veggie, tossed in a few beans, some cottage cheese, it was all fair game. So after reading those two lovely ladies posts, I decided I needed to get with it again and eat more veggies. My veggie intake has gone way down lately, so I bought a ton of (organic - holla at your girl, Raven!) veggies and a bunch of spinach. I ate/eat spinach in my egg whites in the AM, a handful (or two) in my protein shakes, and would even have a huge salad for a pre dinner snack. Getting back into it ladies, I'm getting back into it.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday evening. Since my darling (<----- insert sarcasm here) son has decided to NOT take advantage of the extra hour of sleep we get, I wake up an hour earlier so I'm going to bed. At 8pm. Yup, I'm one crazy living on the edge woman.

8 comments:

Kenj said...

I couldn't agree more. Most of the time I am good about it and just go to bed. Sometimes I cave and just have a spoonful or bite of something. Arg!

Breanna said...

I wish I had a momma bod like you!! Super Jelly!! I am losing weight {30lbs so far} and hopefully will be at my goal soon!! My weight loss blog is on my profile if ya want to check it out or give me tips!! Xoxo

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous. Seriously. Keep it up, lady! I wish I had a treadmill!

JMB said...

I LOVE me some salads with cottage cheese!!! You have inspired me to keep my hand out of the fun sized Snickers, Twix, Milky Ways, I digress hahaha WHAT. IS. WRONG. with me!!??? ANd I'm starting a new job soon!! And I'm trying to get back into the dating scene! HELLO people are not going to want to go out with a fatty fatty 2 by 4!! You definitely look HOT for having a baby, sisssybelle!!! Keep going!!!!!!!!! And Immma start hahahaha. xoxo

Traci said...

Um you suck! Ha, just kidding, your body is bangin'! This once again knocked up chica is major jealous.

You look freaking awesome and good luck on the clean eating and toning whatever it is that you need to tone.

Kindra said...

you look great! keep up the good work!

Ashley said...

i'm totally working on shedding some lbs! i was SO inspired by raven's post and NOW i'm inspired by your flat tum tum! super mom!!

lolly said...

Call me crazy, but you look so good (hello, new reader from Laura's blog & a California resident too!)!! I understand though, I am pretty thin and hate that my thighs jiggle too :-/

Organic and clean eating are a sure fire way to slim down but it's hard to keep at it day after day after day. Best of luck to ya!