Friday, March 2, 2012

Ice Bath, Party of One


Yaaaaaa....sooooo.....guess how my Friday morning started off? With a 10 mile run. Yup, TEN miles. I ran with my good friend Jaimie, and girls? This Jaimie girl does not mess around. The farthers I've ever ran in my life has been 8 miles on the treadmill with a few breaks to walk, towel down, get some H20. Oh no, not Jaimie.

This is also my very first run where I ate something in between my start and finish. So we had heard a lot about these babies:
My review is that they were really good surprisingly cause I've always heard running food is nast. * I am not being paid for saying this nor was I given free product, this is all my personal opinion on wanting to try out the product*

We took half of the pack at mile 4 and then the rest at mile 8. Ive decided I will most def be using these blocks for my half marathon that is 9 days away, y'all! 9 days, AHHH!!! I hope to God nothing like this happens to me


But for now I'll be looking like this...

7 comments:

Amber said...

YAY!!! I am so proud of you girl! I wish I could be your running partner! 9 days! Yikes. and I will never get that pic of the poopy pants guy out of my head so thanks for that.

Megan said...

Congrats! That is SUCH an amazing accomplishment :-)

Ewww that photo was horrific. Oh the shame!

erin said...

Wahoo! I'm doing 9 miles tomorrow. Eek! I need to try those shot bloks!

Anonymous said...

STOPPIT. That picture! I feel so horrible for that man! EEK...

Way to go! I'm impressed by anyone that can run even one mile. ;)

Jill@babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, Oh My! said...

goodluck!! i have run 2 halfs and have never tried any eating...i might have to give it a whirl! my last half that i ran the halfers and the fullers merged together and the guy in 1st place shit myself...i couldn't get the image ou of my head for the rest of the race...

Anonymous said...

what's on your playlist?
I've got my first half coming up in a few months, are you having extra carbs or fluids in the lead up? Are you planning to eat before the run?

Thanks for the advice,

Novice runner

Anonymous said...

OMG, I just ate. I want to vom now. Ew. Ew. Ew.