Wednesday, September 26, 2012

You know you're a momma when...

...You blow up peoples Facebook feed with the news that your 1 year and 8 month old son is peeing and pooping on the potty!


I've been letting him just sit on the potty after breakfast for a couple weeks now. He is a morning pooper, so once his milk kicks in, he's ready to go. Yesterday I noticed he still hadn't pooped when he finished his breakfast, so I thought I'd just sit him on the potty and see how it goes. Within 5 minutes I could hear him pooping! Ladies, I about died. I started clapping and threw a huge smile on my face and kept saying, "Troy!! Troy!! You're pooping on the potty like a big boy! Oh my gosh, good job, Troy!!! YAY!!!" His reaction? "Car....car....." and was pointing out the window at the car he was hearing drive down the road. Ain't no thang. He did however, like to flush the toilet and wave, telling it "bye, bye". I swear, is that a total boy for you or what? 

This morning, same thing - after breakfast, still nothing, so I sat him on the potty & what happened? PEE! He pee'd and THAT was something he was happy about. He reached behind him and flushed telling it "bye". The polite thing to do I guess, haha. Theeeeen....I waited. And in about 2 minutes? He was pooping! This he was more excited about and again, got joy out of flushing. 

Im trying not to get my hopes up because I know some kids can start potty training and then regress for no reason & still wont be potty trained for another year or so. But...this is a huge start & I am *hoping* this takes off and he just runs with this whole no wet diapers thing. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Good luck!!

Kaleigh said...

well..he is a cute kid to brag about! Good luck