Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wow - Who Knew?

Who knew that planning someones 1st birthday would be so overwhelming. My criteria - I want it small, intimate, boyish,and cheap. Too much to ask? I don't think so! I've been all over Pinterest this morning getting ideas. Part of me really wants to go with a fun sports theme (hello, we ARE a total football family), but then I saw these other really cute ideas.

One of my girlfriends babies birthday is in January as well and her theme for her daughters bday was "Winter ONEderland". I believe Ashley over at Stealing Baby Kisses had the same thing for her little man. So for that sort of theme I thought I could have a hot chocolate bar with different toppings, some cute wintery goody bags for the very few kids coming and little appetizers (think meatballs in a crock pot, crescent pizza rolls, veggie tray, chips and dip sorta deal). Then I thought how fun it'd be to have cupcakes instead of cake and then I could make Troy a giant special cupcake.




With a sports party I could decorate sporty (obviously), and then do sport food - chips and dip, crescent pizza rolls, nachos, maybe hot dogs with a condiment bar and then I could do football type cupcakes and baseball sort of cupcakes.


Other idea?

I still can't believe little dude is gonna be 1 in 2 short months! On Christmas Eve he will be 11 months old and we have gotten the okay from the doc to start introducing him to cows milk. My debit card will be much happier not buying formula as much. I just bought a big can of formula at Tar-jay and I am hoping it'll be the last one we have to buy *fingers crossed*

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep we went with winter onederland and I loved it!! Sports is always a cute theme too!

Breanna said...

I know, Right??!?

Allen is having a "Brown & Blue w/ a splash of Green" theme :) We got the okay to start moo milk too! He loves it.

Anonymous said...

I gotta say--if you want to keep it simple, you can always forgo a "theme". Simple birthday cake a balloons still can make a fun party. :)

Unknown said...

So many options these days! Have fun:-)

http://www.stylesoftamaranicole.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

eek! love the options! so many to chose from.

And hells yeah to the no more formula gig. That was the best bday present I could have had :)

Anonymous said...

We had intentions to keep things small and personal. Then the list grew and grew, and now I'm like, "Wait, only 3 weeks away?!" Good luck planning!

Ashley said...

These are great ideas! Love the mini football cookies!

Jamie said...

Looks like you have lots of great ideas.