Friday, August 10, 2012

Broccoli = Fiber

Hey there puddin' cups! So am I the only one who Pins recipes left and right on Pinterest, but rarely gets around to making them? You have all the intentions of the world to make these amazing mouth watering dishes, yet you just never do. Well, the other day, I pinned this broccoli muffin type thing that I was for sure going to try. I already had all the ingredients and I have been trying to get rid of my bags of broccoli that steam in the bag when you microwave them.  Since I am on a 2 month crack down mission before we go to Mexico, I thought this would be a perfect thing to snack on.



Broccoli Cheese Bites

16 oz. package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained of liquid (I used fresh steamed broccoli)
1 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs
1 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs


Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.With your hands, form small patties and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet. * Side note* I accidentally bought WAX paper and tried to bake these bites on the wax paper. About 2 minutes in the oven, smoke was coming from the oven, & I took them off the wax paper and just plopped them on the actual cookie sheet and they turned out just fine*

Mine Pre Oven


Bake at 375F for 25 minutes, turning the patties after the first 15 minutes.

Let cool and enjoy!

The verdict? Pretty good. I added some onion powder and pepper just because it sounded like it'd be a bit bland, but do whatever blows your skirt up! 

Happy Friday!! Today is my big Stella & Dot Launch show, whoop whoop! Pink Champagne, Caprese salad on skewers, artichoke dip, jewelry? Im there! If any of you dolls are wanting to join in on the fun, grab a glass of your favorite adult bevy and click my link here. It will direct you right to my Trunk Show. You'll be amazed how most of the line is $50 and under. Think about how close Christmas is, ladies! There is something for everyone! 

XOXO

4 comments:

Amber said...

This sounds yummy! I will be making these this week!! And I am totes jelly that you are going to Mexico!! Is that your surprise trip from Nick?

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

yummmm! looks so delicious:)

p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.com

Traci said...

I made these except I forgot to steam the broccoli first...oopsie. They still turned out pretty good. I also haved the cheese, breadcrumbs and eggs because these little babies have a ton o calories. Maybe they would be better off as a meal instead of a snack.

Janna Renee said...

Those look yummy! I want to try them with cauliflower and whole wheat breadcrumbs!