Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Update, Yo!

Top of the morning to ya ladies! I hope y'all had a fun weekend and it went by nice and slow. Can you believe we are already in August?! If you weren't aware, that means here in Northern Cali, we have about 2 more months of heat and we are into Fall, baby! Last night I got a taste of Fall with the 1st Preseason NFL game. I like me SOME hot Summer days, but THIS?
I know you Texas ladies, this is nothing. This is like night time temperatures for y'all. Nickmeister is home today, so we're taking T Money to the park that has water features. Cause lets be completely honest - it's way too hot to be dry in the heat today. 

Now, here was my weekend: 

1. The Color Run. You've all seen it on Pinterest & saw how fun it looked. I was stoked I was able to run it.  Well...more like walked and skipped through it. This run deserves a post for itself so more to come on that either tomorrow or the next day. 
2. Football was back last night! Some women either love football season or hate it. I for one...LOVE IT! I get very invested in the games where I actually care about team. I love the food on Sunday night football, the cute jersey I slip on, and all the excitement. Obvi I am a Denver Broncos fan and with Peyton Manning this year? I cannot freaking wait! I will still be catching the Jets game whenever I can cause Mr. Tebow got the shaft was traded to the NY Jets. Speaking of Timmy T...
3. THIS my dear sweet readers, is something I will forever remember. So when I ran the color run, my bestie Jenni, asked if I wanted her to snap a picture of me Tebowing since I did it for the half marathon too. So down on 1 knee I went, I posted it on Instagram & Twitter, not thinking anything of it. I went back later to check my updates, and I about died. I was like a 12 year old little girl, doing a screeching talk to Nick about how Tim Tebow "liked" my picture! I am just ecstatic Tim Tebow knows I even exist! So now its safe to say we're BFF's, ha!
4. The star of my weekend - the hubbinator. It had been forever since we had a date night just us. We've been going on group dates a lot. Sometimes you just want to be with your man. Can I get an Amen? We were so excited to see The Dark Knight Rises because #1, we love all the Batman movies and #2, we heard so much hype about how great it was and how it was "The BEST one in the Batman franchise". My review? It was okay. Not the best one in my opinion. But that's because I LOVED The Dark Night (the one with Mr. Heath Ledger). Seriously girls, who doesn't agree that Heath Ledger made that movie? It's my favorite out of the all the Batmans. Although, it was nice seeing Mr. Tom Hardy even if you couldn't see most of his face. 

10 comments:

Amber said...

We haven't seen the dark knight yet and I can't wait! I love that Tebow liked your pic! That is so crazy!!! I can't wait to do the color run!!! Sept 3, baby!!!

Sami said...

How cute are you in your Color Run outfit?! Love it! Omg I am not a fan of Mr. Tebow but I would have been excited that he liked my picture too! How fun! Thanks for linking up :)

Rebecca @ Mommy in Heels said...

Found you via weekend update blog hop!! I wanted to do the color run in Philly but it sold out before I had the chance to sign up...booo!! I too am a stalker of celebs...oh and your newest follower :)

Rebecca
http://mommyinmanolos.blogspot.com

Terri said...

What a great weekend! The color run is so fun and good job becoming BFF's with Tim. Maybe he'll rub some good luck onto the Jets this year. Stopping by from the Weekend Update linkup :)

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

I did the color run back in may and soo much fun!! can't wait for next year!! Sounds like a great weekend!! New reader :)
Kathrin

Lindsay said...

I've always wanted to do the Color Run! It looks so fun! And that's awesome that you are BFF with Time Tebow ;). Popping over from the Weekend Update.

Shelby said...

Your blog is adorable!:) I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello, or join in on my blog hop this week!

Shelby xoxo

Megan said...

Ahhh how exciting that Mr T liked your photo!!!

I really want to see the new Batman movie but my man HATES going to the movies. Sob!

DSR said...

Love that Tebow liked your photo! That is very exciting :)

Looks like a fun, busy weekend. Thanks for linking up!

Renee Arianna said...

Tebow liked your pic!?!? What!? You are a superstar!!