Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Color Run

I had seen The Color Run on Pinterest for about a year now and it always looked so much fun. So imagine my excitement when I saw that it was coming to Sacramento! 

Pros of this run
1. If you're looking just to participate in a fun "run" with the family (strollers included), this is for you
2. If you've never ran a 5K, but just want to get an idea of how a course would go, this is for you
3. It was so much fun! It was seriously like a party in the streets. Every 1/2 mile you reached, you'd get sprayed with this powder. The goal was to get a ton of color everywhere. People dressed up in all white and some girls had on tutu's, funky hair, sunglasses, etc. 

Cons of this run: 
1. Not for you if you want to get your own personal record. They don't even time the race because people just do it to get sprayed with colored chalk

Seriously 1 con, ladies! This race was so much fun, and next year I want to do it with my whole family. Of course just walking it would be the plan, since we'd have a wagon with T Money in it.

Picture dump in 3....2....1....

This was at the end of the race. They give you your own packet of chalk to throw

Walking back to the car with my beezy Jenni

 BOOM! Like we rolled in Skittle dust

 After the blue area. Check out that cloud of blue behind us

Pre race (which is why Im still white), doing my signature "Tebow"

Pre race game faces

Jenni bought us these glasses to run in. They stayed on the top of our heads for most of the run. Could not see out of them. How do those rappers do it?

4 comments:

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

How fun!! I loved it when I did it and I had more fun walking than running...you get more color that way!!

= said...

can't wait to do this!!

Amber said...

I can't wait!!!! Yall are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Love the glasses!