Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Never go to bed without curling your hair....huh?

So got back from the doc ma' lova's ......

I have gangrene..... kidding! Wouldn't that be the pits? But I do have a pretty messed up poison oak rash that needed steroids and a special steroid cream. The steroid of choice was Prednisone. Before going to pickup the said Prednisone, I dropped by my moms and raided their gauze, vet tape (works like a charm with sticking good!), and medical tape. I am so over oozing through my shirts (sexy, no?), so I'm wrapping my stomach and arm up so I can't get little T stuck with this crazy ass rash.

Once I got home, I googled Prednisone side effects. These were some of my favorites

inappropriate happiness ----- so will this be a bad time to attend any funerals?
changes in personality ------ Ummmm, this already happens. My personality changes day to day. Depends on how much sleep I get of course.
bulging eyes------ Just FYI Nick, that isn't a giant toad in your bed, it's your wife! MUA HAHA HA
changes in the way fat is spread around the body--- SWEEET!! Finally something that will make sure all the calories go straight to my boobs!

Another side effect? Insomnia!




SCREW YOU, POISON OAK AND INSOMNIA!!


Insomnia? What insomnia? You mean curling my hair before I crawl into bed to only mess it up isn't normal? At 11 at night? Are you sure? Hmmm.....

***Things to note in the pics - 1. due to all my super Charlie Sheen energy, I will be cleaning that messy mirror tomorrow when I clean the rest of the case. 2. Ignore the toilet, but doesn't everyone have one? ****

I find this whole insomnia business sorta ironic now that I've got Troy sleeping like a champ..go figure... Have you ever been on Prednisone? Any crazy side effects I should know of?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yep thats the biggie... did your doc tell you to take it as early as possible in the AM? Thats what I always told me patients... prednisone is like cortisone.. which you body makes naturally every day its what tell you to wake up.. so naturally to much of and it shuts down the part of your body that tells you to go to sleep... take it super early to have a better chance at sleeping.

Jill@babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, Oh My! said...

your doc should have told you to take it as early as possible so that you can get your sleep on!

She Speaks said...

Pred. makes me feel awful! Headaches, you name it. I don't like it!

Anonymous said...

I thought I was going INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE when I took Prednisone. I took it for a couple of days and stopped. I couldn't take it anymore. Good luck with that!