Friday, October 7, 2011

Someone get me a bristle brush

I have poison oak....joys of living in the country. Oh, but I don't just have a smidge. I have a whole crap load of the devil on my stomach, on my wrist and it climbs up my inner arm, oh and on the corners of my arm pits. I'll spare you pictures, its pretty nast. I swear, I have no idea how this happened. I wore TWO shirts, and the top one was a long one. Nick trimmed back a ton of it, and I hauled it up in a pile. We may or may not have thrown it over on our neighbors side of the fence? No one lives there anyways, pfft....

So due to this fabulous shade of red (and nasty scratches), I am taking a pause in running/working out/bow chicka bow wow, since I read sweating can cause it to spread. And mama don't need that. I am already paranoid enough as it is that when I wipe my arse, my wrist will touch my butt cheek, then it's all over! ....You still with me?

Im sure Im gonna get a lot of "Your a nasty bish" comments about this, but we are letting Troy cry it out at night. Or as I like to think of it "sing himself a 20 minute song in the middle of the night". Yup. He's 8 months old, he has shown me plenty of times he is capable of sleeping through the night, no. more. Miss. Nice. Mom. So tonight will be night 3. Last night was better than the first, so I hope that is the pattern that keeps. Its tough to listen to him, I sure as heck don't want to have to deal with abandonment issues when he's 15 due to the fact, I let him cry for 20 minutes when he was 8 months old. I've talked to a TON of moms who have done this. You seriously wouldn't believe the number of moms who have come out of the woods who've done the same thing and were so encouraging. It's kinda crazy too, cause I have been beat ever since I've started this "cry it out" deal. You'd think I'd get more sleep...FALSE. I have not gotten more sleep, I lay there listening to him, telling myself over and over "this is for the best, this is for the best, I wonder if I have another bottle of wine in the cupboard?, this is for the best, this is for the best"

3 comments:

erin said...

We let Charlotte cry it out after her 6 month checkup when we found out the ear infection from hell had cleared up. It took 3 nights of crying, but then she got the hang of it. She still wakes up occasionally, but we've only gone in there when she sounds like she's REALLY distressed (like this weekend when she was teething). It totally sucked, but it was worth it, and I honestly don't think there's any lasting damage to it. Good luck to you!

Traci said...

20 minutes? That's nothing. Try 2-3 hours...turns out she had an ear infection, way to go me! Mom of the year. Anyway 20 minutes isn't too bad at all.

Kit said...

I think that he is definitely old enough to cry it out. We plan to do the same with our little bebe. Sorry about your poison oak!