Monday, September 7, 2009

Lets talk working out/nutrition, shall we?

Oh man this weekend has been great so far!! I am so glad I got a job so I can appreciate the weekends for what they really are. When we lived in NC, I used Saturday for my cardio blast days. I would do 1 hour on the treadmill or split it up with treadmill 30 minutes and elliptical 30 minutes, or something so my body was drenched by the time I left. Since I've been in California, I have ran at least 3 miles every day (Sunday's off to let my body rest) and have thrown in either 30 day shred or Bootcamp in every now and then. I have enjoyed the freedom to get my sleep in, eat my obligatory Peanut Butter on wheat toast, then hop on Tread and watch Baby Story on TLC to distract myself from the length of my runs. After running I get such a high. I have to thank NC in some sort of way for making me realize how much I really do love running. That was where I first started my 5K love and actually saw the benefits of running. As much as I bitch and moan about, I really do enjoy it. Half way into it, I am in my zone and yelling at myself in my mind telling myself I can do 1 more minute at this speed, or just make it 1 more mile then I will just do incline the rest of the way. I always feel such a sense of accomplishment. If I don't do anything else that I day, I know I at least worked my body in such a way, that it will benefit me (And my heart) in the long run. Not to mention, but running is really good for those gams ;)


People seem to think that when you work out you can eat whatever you want. NOT TRUE. I don't know who let this evil rumor out onto the streets, but its not so. Ya see my friend, 80% of what you eat, is going to effect what your body does. I don't like it as much as you do, but just because you met with your personal training for a kick ass session, does not mean you can go to Coldstone for a Gotta have it size Mint chocolate chip w/a brownie and fudge mixed into it(ps, that sounds amazing!) and expect for it not to effect you. I try to eat as clean as possible. A basic easy way to define clean? Something that hasn't been processed or even easier, if its man made, don't eat it. I don't always stick to this, but for the most part I do and it works. Tosca Reno is the official spokeswoman for Clean Eating. In fact, she has a whole cookbook dedicated to it and the recipes she creates, are not super complicated and she uses ingredients you can find at your local Trader Joes, Whole Foods, or even some Safeways and Vons. Once you start incorporating more clean foods into your eating and pairing it with your workouts, I guarantee that you will start to see a difference.


If you have ANY questions regarding eating clean, I would most def recommend going to Tosa Reno's website for more information. You can also leave me a comment or email me and I will be happy to help you in any way :)


Have a Happy Labor Day!!




Photobucket src="http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/karlitaylor84/ksig.png">

0 comments: