Friday, June 18, 2010

10 Weeks

10 weeks TODAY my friends! Double digits from here on out -- YES YES YES!! I can't believe how fast time has gone. I feel like I just took a pregnancy test yesterday! Here is what my little bean looks like compared to a quarter (thank you babycenter.com)

Pretty cool, right? My uterus is now the size of a large grapefruit which explains the belly I'm rockin. Another cool thing is that my baby bean is moving and kicking up a storm according to my newsletter (again, thank you babycenter.com). I cannot wait to feel those little kicks. Our 1st appointment is 12 days away, WOO HOOO!!! I am SO excited and yes, I'm going to be an obnoxious pregnant woman who puts a picture of the sonogram on everything: my desk at work, the fridge, the laptop desktop, etc.

I am following lead of a couple other pregnant bloggers I follow and doin a little survey cause I thought they'd be fun for you guys to read my progress :)

How far along? 10 weeks today


How big are babies? the size of a kumquat


Weight gain? not sure, I never weigh myself, but I have a roundabout idea of what I weighed before I found out I was pregnant. We'll see at the doctors office, but Nick will not -- he has PROMISED not to look at my weight


Stretchmarks? Nope, and I'm praying I don't get any on my stomach since I already have a few on my hips from gaining/losing weight when I was a teen. I'm using lotion right now, but about to make the switch to some Olive Oil which I heard works GREAT!


Maternity clothes? No, but my jeans are starting to get uncomfortable to where when I sit I unbutton them. I think I'm gonna be buying one of these belly bands pretty soon



Sleep? I fall asleep super easy and fast, but end up getting up 2-3 times to pee in the middle of the night


Best moment of the week? Nausea relief - haven't had nausea these past 2 days *knock on wood* due to my cold declaring it's going to be #1 for awhile and only it's symptoms will be felt


Food and cravings? I pretty much am listening to what sounds good at any given moment. Lately I've been eating lots of fresh strawberries and green grapes. Pizza actually settles well in my stomach lately too. With the hit and miss of nausea, I have to eat what I can handle


Gender? No idea yet :)


Movement? According to my newsletters I get via email, the little bean is moving and kicking up a storm. Of course I can't feel him/her yet.


What I miss? Being domesticated! I want to feel well enough to clean my apartment super good and finish the HUGE pile of laundry in the bathroom

Belly button? In still :)

Looking forward too? My 1st doctors appointment on the 30th and seeing and hearing our little bean. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be walking out of that office with no mascara left :)


Milestone? Not feeling a lick of nausea all day yesterday - THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Corinne said...

OMG!! I just got back on this thing and saw the news!!! Congratulations!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

when's ur appt? post u/s pics away! they are pretty amazing to look at