Thursday, March 10, 2011

OK, So I'm Only Human

This morning the gym did NOT happen. I REALLY wanted to go. I woke up around 2:30 to feed Troy and pump and I told myself "okay, I'll sleep for another hour, then hit the gym". My body had other plans. I woke up at 5:30 -- toooo late for the gym :( It's okay though - I shredded it up this morning with Miss Jill, and Im hoping to go on a walk later today with the little dude. It's chilly today, but the sun is TRYING to come out. So we will see. If the walk doesn't happen, I'll be just cleaning the castle which should burn a calorie or two :)

So off topic, have you ladies seen that show, "My strange addiction" ? I think it's on the Discovery channel or something. Anyways, I have never watched it, just seen previews - so I saw the preview for this woman who sleeps with her hair dryer. In. BED! Right next to her. When I first saw that, I thought that was sooooo fake. Why would some chick wanna sleep with her blowdryer? Sounds like a safety risk in my book. I thought this until Troy was born. The child LOVES the sound of my blow dryer. It calms him, soothes him to sleep, in a jiffy! If he is fussy, I'll go in there and run my hair dryer (or vacuums work too) and he'll be out. Doctors say blow dryers work because it sounds so womb like. So there you go folks - that lady in that show is not nuts, she just misses the womb!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The show is on TLC and it is ridic! But hilarious nonetheless. The lady has several burns because of the hair dryer. There is one where the lady eats COMET!!! EWWWW!

Traci said...

Does your gym have day care center? I took my baby when she was 5 weeks old. I may or may not have had a panic attack the first time I left her but I got use to it and she loved watching all the kiddos in there.

Brenna said...

While I really want you to be successful friend- I am glad I am not the only one who lets a day or two go... it is rough having a workout routine that you can totally keep with a baby...
But you seem totally motivated and will find a way!! Go girl!!

Anonymous said...

I -love- that show! That one is actually a rerun...you should've seen the one with the girl who ate POTTERY and CIGARETTE ASHES...gag.

Breanna said...

I love that show! You are not crazy at all, Allen loves the sound of my blow dryer too.. hahaha