Sunday, February 28, 2010

And we're back!

N and I just got back from our run/ride. We went about 5.15 miles and it was fabulous! As promised, here are some pics. I tried to upload a video, but it wasn't downloading right :( We got to a point on the trail that met up with a popular recreational area where people can rent kayaks and things like that. There was some boat club and they were having a race with them.

It was great to be out in nature actually LIVING! I can't imagine 2 or even 3 years ago, if you would have told me running that far or even being outdoorsy, I would have believed you. My my, how things change (for the better). Oh and before I post pics, let me just tell you, we passed a TON of bikers. Not just people on bikes who were doing a lazy Sunday stroll. No. The kind that zoom up on the right or left of you and take every part of their ride EXTREMELY seriously. Down to the dorky rear view mirror on their helmet and matching spandex shirts and pants, which btw, some of them just SHOULDN'T have been sporting. But I guess I gotta share the road :)


Heading out pre sweat
Just leaving the casa- this pond is right behind our place and at night and our windows are open, you can hear frogs, its the best!

Halfway point on the river- you can't see, but I was trying to be artsy fartsy when the birds were taking off on the water on the right of the picture

N had to readjust his seat a couple of times- hey, it's expected with a new badass bike

N and I had a lot of fun and it was nice quality time with eachother. We've decided to do it once a week, which I couldn't be happier about :) Love working up a sweat with my hottie hubbs!


Photobucket

0 comments: