Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WHEWY!


It's the humpity hump day of the week! Can I get an Amen?! It's crazy, on Tuesday I feel like "ugh, it's only Tuesday?!", but then when Wednesday hits, it's like "What? We're halfway done?!" Not that I'm complaining :)

I'm currenlty watching last night's Biggest Loser featuring my adorable BFF's Jilly bean and Roberto and it has been a moving episode and I'm not even halfway in! Who watched it? When Allison Jones came out and talked to them, I about lost it. Here is a little snipit from the US Paralympics site about her:

"Jones was born without a right femur. When her family moved from Texas to Colorado, she began skiing at age 5. She was racing by the time she was 8 years old, working up through Winter Park's renowned disabled program and reaching the U.S. Team by the 2001 season.

Nicknamed "Jonezy," she graduated from Denver University in 2007 with a degree in mechanical engineering. She was the recipient of the Pioneer Award, which is the highest achievement an undergraduate can receive.

Major Achievements

•2008: First place, slalom - The Hartford Ski Spectacular, Breckenridge, Colorado
•2008: Silver medal, Individual Time Trial LC 3/ LC 4 / CP 3 - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
•2008: Gold medal, Road Time Trial, - U.S. Paralympics Cycling National Championships, Morrison, Colo.
•2008: Bronze medal, 500m - U.S. Paralympics Cycling National Championships, Colorado Springs, Colo.
•2008: Gold medal in slalom, giant slalom, Super G, downhill, and overall - U.S. Disabled Alpine Championship, Solider Mountain, Idaho "


I mean seriously- look at all those medals she has won! She said when she was little, her mom put her in every sport there was. I totally agree with what her mom did- you can't look at it as a disability, just means you have to work harder. Maybe youtube her on BL last night cause I can't even come close to make it as moving as when she told it. Maybe it was that "que the tears" piano music they play when they tell sentimental stories?

Today, I made myself proud by finishing a 3.5 mile run on Tread (average pace of 5.9), and lifting some MAYJA weight with my gorgeous gams (that are compared to Gisele's CONSTANTLY..seriously-can get annoying ).




The run today just set the tone for my day- bad ass and productive! Have an Uh-MAZING day beautiful's! Remember- when you are working it out today, DON'T QUIT! KEEP GOING!


"Fitness to me isn't about a crunch or a push up, it's about taking your power back."
- Jillian Michaels




Photobucket

1 comments:

Alicia said...

I just watched it tonight too! I am so happy with half of the ending and really want to know what happens with the other half! Man I LOVE THIS SHOW!