Thursday, February 11, 2010

Work it till it hurts

Happy Thursday! We are almost there you guys! I am so looking forward to this 3 day weekend with my love. Oh and he told me some pretty exciting news- he is going to try and get his schedule switched to M-F 8:30-5:30 instead of the Tuesday-Saturday 6:00-3:00! YAYA! At the company he works at, they switch their schedules every other month or so. But do you wanna know why he wants to switch it up? Because he wants to go to the gym with me!! You guys seriously don't know how much I've always wanted that. I see couples come into the gym and it makes my cold heart go "awwww-they like to sweat together" hehe. N went to the gym yesterday and he came home all endorphin'd up and was talkin up his workout....ahhh...makes me so proud *tear*

Soooooo, I need to start icing my knees and shins. I am running on average 15-17 miles a week these days, and I am starting to feel a little beat up at times. This morning my knee wasn't bugging me too bad, but my ankle/shin area was. So it's most def time to start icing them like I used to when I lived in NC. So I pushed thru my 2.5 mile run today and tomorrow my plan is to take it easier with a 2 miler. Saturday is another big one...5 MILES!! EEEEEK!! I KNOW I can do it because I did 4.5 last Saturday, it's just a number and numbers ain't a thang baby! Just gotta push thru it!

While running on Tread this morning, I was staying true to Jillians words "Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!" I was THHHHHHIS close to puking this morning. I've never been a morning person, and I think when I wake up early, my body sometimes tries to fight it by making me want to throw my almond butter and jelly english muffin right up.

So lesson today beautiful readers? KEEP GOING! DON'T STOP! It's going to hurt, it's going to get uncomfortable and your going to sweat and your face will feel like it's going to pop right off....BUT, that's when change happens and those endorphins kick in and it's a drug and drugs are addicting. Keep at it and DON'T give up!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Dining Diva said...

Thanks for this post. I needed to hear that.

californiadreamin said...

No problemo :) I think we all need to hear it sometimes

erin said...

Good luck with your 5 miler this weekend. You can TOTALLY do it! :)