Tuesday, November 23, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 2

Im greeting you with a chattery jaw cause my husband like to keep the place fu-reeeezing! I am in yoga pants, and a thermal w/a giant sweater on top and ugg slippers. He is wearing a t shirt and lounge pants. Tonight is supposed to be in the mid 20's. The same temp as they are predicting Thanksgiving morning! But enough about weather, let's get to the 12 days of Christmas Challenge day dos!


Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks
I have only gone out 3 times and I have to admit...I LOVE IT! I love the crowds, I love the Starbucks I see in everyone hands, I love the bags and bags of stuff I see people walk out with. I don't really have any tips or tricks other than compare prices and look for printable coupons. I go to this website and they have every black Friday ad out on the market and then once I know where Im going, I google coupons for that store and print em'. Mama loves a deal. I have to admit, I have a horrible time not being selfish and buying at least a couple things for me that early morning, and I cave all the time & walk out of the store with more things for myself than others. But hey, I NEVER shop for myself. I always talk myself out of how I don't NEED that new sweater that would go great with some leggings, or I don't NEED some new workout carpi's (ummm, yes I do. My workout clothes are looking pretty sad and worn out). Anyways, always look for extra coupons you can use by google or this link that Kristin over at Live, Laugh, Frappy sent me.
My tip is to make a list and stick to it! Don't impulse buy as hard as it is not to ($3 toaster anyone? <---- can be found at Target). Make a list, check it twice, figure out who's been naughty or nice, and get them ONLY what you set out to get them. Another way of doing this is creating a budget for the people your shopping for and sticking hardcore to that. Your bank will be much happier this way. Plus, let's not forget what Christmas is really about, people.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mrs. D said...

You're so right about having a list and not straying from it... BUT! A $3 toaster (and other random stuff) always tempts me! :)

Anonymous said...

MISTY DOESN'T DO CROWDS. I have to pass on this one.