Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Day 8


Oh my gosh, I have been slacking on Aly's 12 days of Christmas. I pinky promise to do every single one for the rest of this challenge.

Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays - I don't really hate much about the holidays which is obvious because I've been talking about Christmas since October! However, here ya go: the things that I least like about the holidays

1. Spending money - this is by far hands down my least favorite thing. HOWEVER, it's also not THAT bad. Does that make sense? I am the girl who hates having to pay rent because I want my money I worked hard (er, hardley worked) for! BUT, the thing with Christmas and the holidays, is I want to give people amazing gifts. So I don't mind spending the money on them. This year since I did all my Christmas shopping at once and the money is already out of my checking account, it won't seem as bad around the holidays.

2. I hate the crowds at the stores -ESPECIALLY this year. I'm 6.5 weeks from my due date people, my feet swell like a steroid using athletes neck if I have to be on them for tooooo long. Even the Target run on Black Friday and standing in that line for 1 hour and 16 minutes was too long for my tootsies. Also, people seem to grouch when their in line. You hear things like "Is this for real?" "Oh.Em.GEEEEEEEEE this is taking foreeeeeverrrrr". I wanna turn around and say "That's right sweetheart, it is. So why don't you do us all a favor and get outta line and make it a shorter wait for the rest of us".

3. I hate when it's over. I LOVE Christmas, and I wish we could celebrate it for more than just 25 (or in my case 30) days. I love the lights, the smells, the fires, the pies, the family, the laughs, the movies, the music and the cold. This year I have an amazing gift I get to look forward to, so when we unwrap that last package on Christmas morning, it won't be THAT bad.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Lindsay @ la vita dolce said...

ao exciting that your little one will be here so soon :) congrats!!

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas so much. I hate spending money on bills, but love spending money on fun stuff for myself and other people. And I hate crowds!!!!!!!!!!!