Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Well well well


Guess what?! Something is occurring right at this moment -- I am being overtaken by yet another cold, blah! This time it's the sore throat, achy and hot eyes with a side of stiff neck. I called in sick to work, Im in sweats and laying on the couch watching 30 minute meals (Side note: Rachel Ray isn't as cheery in her newer episodes than her older ones). There are absolutely NO fruit in season which nixes my natural vitamin C source so I'm downing big glasses of ice water with a splash of cranberry juice. I don't think I've ever been sick this many times. Pregnancy really does lower your immune system. I'm assuming it's because all your nutrients are going to your baby and not to you. Pretty selfless thing your body automatically does, no? So I have some crock pot chili that I got off of West Sac Honey's blog going and filling my cozy home with the most delicious smell.

{It's not as orangey red as the pic makes it look I swear}
I have made this recipe before and Nick loves it! Its warm, filling, and easy on the hips and booty. I make it with a side of cornbread muffins so my other half can have some bread for dipping. I'm not fond of cornbread, but since my body is in the whole 'selfless acts' things lately, I figure I'd follow.

So that means no gym for me today, but if I'm feeling better tomorrow, I'll be there working on some cardio. I started feeling like poo yesterday, but I still went and wasn't feeling like my glowy self afterwards. I felt more feverish than anything, so Im listening to my body on if it's up to going tomorrow.

Oh and would you like to hear some fabulous news!? Starbucks has busted out the red holiday cups!!!!
You know what that means, the holidays are right around the corner!! We're already into the 2nd day of November ladies and gents, which means it's 7 weeks till Christmas, so get shopping! I for one can't wait to get my next extra hot nonfat decaf mocha in it. Oh and they've changed the design of them! Before you know it the classic Christmas movies will be on TNT, FX, TBS and all other other channels and you wont be able to escape the Christmas music on the radio :)


Photobucket

5 comments:

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Aw feel better girl I feel a cold coming on too.. Love that chili!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

why does the coffee taste better in the red cup? haha
sorry ur sick again!

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I am all about the holidays. And things like red Christmas cups make me swoon.
feel better!

Young and Fabulous said...

yummy looking chili! chili is a great thing to have in the cold months!

feel better girl!

xoxo follow my blog!

Anonymous said...

The red cup makes me so happy.