Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tattoos and Other Rainy Morning Nonsense

It's a dark and stormy morning in the metropolis called Sacramento. PERFECT weather for some tea (or decaf Sbux mocha) snuggled on the couch with Christmas decor all lit up.

But alas, I have to eat, which means I have to work haha. I am feeling quite large in the abdomen area this morning. You'd think I was pregnant or something, weird! You'd also think the fact that I can feel SOMEONE stretching and waking up (and pushing on my bladder) would also point to the whole pregnancy thing, ha!
For about a year and a half (maybe 2), I have been set on what tattoo I want next and where I want it:

"Alis volat propriis" It's Latin for "she flies with her own wings". I've always thought it fit my personality pretty well with how I am the sort of person to do what they want, not what others want me to do. At least that's how I interpret the phrase and how I take it to heart. I want to add some angel type of wings to the sides of the phrase, so it'd look something like this:

Not on my foot of course :P I currently have 2 tattoo's - 1 on my lower back of a fairy (fairly medium-large size) and shooting stars on the top of my left foot. My lower back was by far the most painful due to it lasting 3 hours and it's size...probably cause I'm a big baby too and it was my first one. The ribs where I want my Alis Volat Propriis tattoo? I've heard is the most painful area! I've heard this from friends as well as tattoo artists who are tatted up from neck to toe. But I'm ready - bring it!
I know I won't be getting this tattoo for awhile since #1 we will be switching to a 1 income household pretty dang soon #2, tattoos are expensive. I was thinking that it'll take me about 4-6 months to get where I was pre-pregnancy with my body (also add in my 6 week no exercise right after birth according to my doctor). So, this will land me right around September, aka my birfday month!! Just sayin, it'd make a rad birthday gift :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

Meredith said...

OMG!!! I love that!!! I am SO ready to get my first tattoo, just as soon as I payoff my credit card debit!! Or after X-mas with some of my Christmas $$... my first one, I want an M on my right wrist.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of having my next tat there. I want script too.

A Real Housewife said...

that is gorgeous! i so want to copy you and do the same thing....horrible?

Anonymous said...

How weird, I just stumbled across this blog, and I also have a fairy on my lower back, and shooting stars on my foot, except mine are on the right. And I will be getting a rib tattoo of my favorite quote next week. Weird! I haven't seen your recent posts, but if you got the tattoo, can you post pics? Thanks!