Friday, December 31, 2010

Things to come in 2011


So guess what? Tomorrow is a new year! 2010 was amazing - Nick and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary (yeah, I was 18 when we got married. He is such a cradle robber haha), we got pregnant shortly after, I got a new job at a successful energy consulting firm, Nick secured himself an amazing job at Apple (and is constantly climbing the corporate ladder. My man is good at what he does lol), we moved into our new 2 bedroom apartment to make room for our little man, and now we are getting ready to welcome our son into our lives! So what is 2011 going to bring? Hopefully:

* an easy/healthy labor and delivery of our little Troy Maximus. He could come any.day.now, EEEK! I'm finishing that hospital bag today and getting it in the car. Enough procrastinating, Karli!

* Learning/adjusting to a baby and lack of sleep and getting a routine for the little mister. Oh and settling into the roll of "mommy" and balancing life.

* Starting "Operation: Get Karli's body back" which will be a new challenge with a new baby and fitting in: lifting and cardio, eating right w/out screwing up my milk supply, and getting back into running. I used to run at least 3 miles a day before pregnancy - hopefully my body remembers how to run haha. I want to get back down to my pre pregnancy weight minus 3 lbs. I was most happy with my body before I got pregnant, so I want to get back there so I can be a good mommy. When mommy is happy, I can be a good mama, and good wife. So important to take care of myself and not lose myself. I got the new Jillian Michaels DVD, Shred it with Weights and of course the stand by, 30 day shred, to help me when I don't have to time to get out to the gym or just to squeeze in a quick workout.




* Training for my 1st ever marathon at the end of 2011. On top of that, I am throwing in some half marathons in my training, as well as a few 10K's. Thank you mom and dad for the new jogging stroller - Troy will be raised in that thing haha

* Adjusting to a 1 income household - I will be sharing all my tips on money saving recipes that I come across as well as other ways to save money.

* Heading to Mexico to my lovely parents condo for a getaway with the fam and little man and hubbs. PLEASE LORD LET ME HAVE SOMEWHAT OF A BIKINI READY BODY BY THEN - approximately 4 months after Troy is born, EEEK, it'll be a challenge!

* Walking down the aisle as a bridesmaid to celebrate Bestie since we were 4 years old (Lisa!!) wedding and watching her marry the man of her dreams.

* Continue blogging of course!! I cannot wait to share my new life experiences with you all!! Be expecting a new updated fresh blog layout/design sometime in the next month - new year, new look, right? Gotta keep it fresh!

What is 2011 bringing for you guys? Do you guys ever make resolutions? Are you ready for the new year? Don't forget to enter my giveaway, you only have about 12 more hours to enter, hurry hurry hurry!!! Click HERE

Photobucket

4 comments:

Shann said...

It sounds like you already have fun plans for 2011. That is sweet that your 'rents have a condo in MX.

J and A said...

I love the new Shred it! :) You will have your body back in NO TIME girl!

Katie said...

2011 sounds like a great yr for you - the first year with your son :) Happy New Year Karli!

Anonymous said...

I have got to get back to shredding.