Friday, January 14, 2011

40 weeks & his Due Date

Today's date: January 14th, 2011 - My due date!


How far along: 40 weeks. He has 13 days exactly to make his appearance on his own, or else mama will be given a nasty drug called Pitocin (With the aid of an epidural lol)

Total weight gain: I didn't ask yesterday, but I'm probably about 30lbs.

Size and growth of the baby: It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary. *It better be temporary, or else it's beanies for him haha*

What's happening to mama this week: After months of anticipation, your due date rolls around, and... you're still pregnant. It's a frustrating, but common, situation in which to find yourself. You may not be as late as you think, especially if you're relying solely on a due date calculated from the day of your last period because sometimes women ovulate later than expected. Even with reliable dating, some women have prolonged pregnancies for no apparent reason.

Sex: All boy - Troy Maximus

Maternity clothes: When I'm home, I am in normal VS Pink sweats, but if I get dressed to go somewhere, it's all maternity. Pretty much only maternity leggings, a long cardigan, uggs, and a tank.

Sleep: I'm sleeping throughout the night, except for the 3-4 times I'm getting up to pee

Best moment(s) of the week: Getting my induction day scheduled. I know that the absolute latest date I'll meet my little man in January 27th. The membrane stripping was pretty great too (even tho it was painful) just because it is jump starting something

Movement: BIG rolls!

Food cravings/aversions: Nope. I still would rather eat sweets than regular food, but nothing I HAVE to have.

Morning sickness: With my cramping/contractions, Ive been experiencing more nausea. These past 2 days I've actually had nausea 40% of the day I'd say.

Symptoms: Everything they talk about at 40 weeks

Labor signs: Cramping and contractions, lower back pains, nausea, dilated 1.5-2cm

Belly button in or out: It's in. Barely.

What I miss: Pre pregnancy body, sleeping on my stomach, drinking a nice refreshing margarita

What I'm looking forward to: Troy surprising us on his arrival, which could be any time! I'm thinking I should cut back on driving around at this point just in case.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Sarah said...

hang in there momma...

not much longer..

get on your hands and knees and scrub the floor, move around furniture, and vacumme the stairs... thats what I did and sure enough.. LABOR!!!!

from personal experience as well as being an OB nurse I can tell you Pitocins not that bad, really its not... I had it actually long before I had my epidural and though the pain is crazy bad its bearable.

If I can give you any advice.... hang out at home as long as you can, they wont consider you active labor until your contractions are under 3 mins.. they will have you either walking the halls or flat on your back in pain until they contractions get strong enough to dilate you further, so labor at home for a while.... and then... epidural at check in LOL.. actually I didnt do that but I wish I would have just gotten it as soon as I got there, instead of being a mess while family was coming to see me.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i miss...
1. (can't type here)
2. cold beer
3. sleeping on stomach
4. not pee'n every 2 secs

Misty Michelle said...

Just found your blog from Annie's blog! Love it ;)

Seems like everyone is pregnant these days!!! LOL!!

Young and Fabulous said...

eeeek! so sooooooon!! :) Bet you are so excited!

And by the looks of you, I think you'll get your pre-preggo body back in NO time!

If you haven't check out the blog http://www.5thbelleavenue.com/ She had a baby, was your size, and now is such a skinny minny! I hope I'm like that when I have a baby!

xoxoxo Cant wait to hear about your lil babe :)