Friday, January 7, 2011

I want my baby back baby back baby back ribs

Happy Friday night! How was your Friday? I'm sure it was fabulous since it was Friday after all. I met my mamacita for some Target shopping since they are having a great clearance on just neutral onesies and I think the little man needed some onesies for under his sleepers. I may or may not have also grabbed some Life cereal too (it was on sale, A-yo!). Then my mom treated me to a delicious Afghan lunch at a place called Bamiyan. I've blogged about them before, so I won't go into it, but I will say, their eggplant is worth talking about (again!). My mom and I assume they broil it, but they keep the skin on and it gets lightly crisp and then they top the eggplant slices with a garlic/tomato puree' and then top with a little swirl of yogurt. It's my favorite thing they have there and I could eat that as a meal just in itself.
After that it was back home to check my work email and straighten up whatever needed to be straightened (I do this everyday. I dare Nick to come home after work and find a messy room or shirt that needs to be washed). After about putting out a bajillion travel arrangement fires, I was pooped and decided it was best if I took a quick (quick turned into 2 hours) nap. I mean seriously, what if Troy arrived tonight? I need to be rested people! Obviously since I'm blogging, he isn't here yet. The only thing that is here is more hip/pelvic area pain. Right where my leg connects to the hip, charlie horses are coming and going, booo! Darn ligaments being stretched.
No Friday night would be complete without some fun, so I am taking this sexy man to Chilis for some fun

{He's adorable - head wrap and all}

I believe the ribs are what I, scratch that, what Troy wants for din din tonight. But who knows, I might be doing some salad action too. I would LOVE to be able to have one of their top shelf margaritas (soon), but it's up to Nick to take one for the team and have some lime tequila goodness.


Photobucket

0 comments: