Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm ready

Yup, I'm ready. I won't be drinking any castor oil, but I will say I am ready for Mr. Troy Maximus to make his appearance. Of course, I am ready to hold him, love on him, bond with him, but today I am ready because I want my body back. Not that I hate sharing it for the good of growing a healthy baby boy, and I am SO thankful my body is able to do that, but this whole "nothing fits thing", just isn't my cup of tea. Today I threw on leggings, my Tim Tebow jersey on and a long cardigan. I honestly don't look like a gigantic whale. I know this. BUT, in my mind, when I look in the mirror and see the legs that have lost so much of their tone, my triceps that have seen firmer days, and an ass that has seem to have doubled in width, it.gets.depressing! Even my VS Pink sweats are not flattering anymore. I immediately sulked out to the living room and cried to Nick how I'm a whale. His reaction? He laughed, because he knows I'm not a whale and he see's me for what I really look like, not what the hormones are making me see. I guess it's just getting to me because my maternity jeans are snug, and some don't fit (According to Nick, thats because their meant for pregnancy, and I'm at the very end where nothing should fit. Thanks babe xoxo). I've warned him since I'm on maternity leave, he will come home to me in sweats and a hoodie probably everyday. But he'll love it - through thickness and thin haha :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, sister. I hear ya. My maternity jeans...the elastic part...HUGE HOLES from yanking them up. So depressing.

Sarah said...

dont sweat it instead enjoy these last few days... take advantage of being able to eat whatever you want... just think in a few short days you will loose 10+ pounds in once day I bet you have never been able to do that before.

however enjoy while everyone thinks the "extra" is cute cuz theres a baby in there.. believe me after the baby comes the "extra" is just not cute at all.

erin said...

Hang in there! I am with you on the clothes; I am so ready to buy clothes in the "normal" section of the store! And I have a few pairs of maternity pants that are too tight on me now because of where they sit on my belly, and it's depressing. I want my body back, too, and I didn't even think I loved it that much to begin with! Haha.

Katie said...

Hes almost ready to come out, its right around the corner!
You have been staying fit while pregnant, your body will bounce right back and you can wear normal clothes!