Friday, January 21, 2011

41 Weeks - Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Hello lovelies! I'm actually writing this on Thursday night rather than Friday. I have an OB appointment 1st thing in the morning followed by my 1st ever Non Stress Test. Not sure what to expect from that, but we shall see how Mr. T i doing in there.

Today's date: January 21, 2011

How far along: 41 weeks. Never thought I'd be making it this far


Total weight gain: I haven't asked these past 2 appointments, but I'm probably at about 30-32 right now.

Size and growth of the baby: A bit over 20 inches long, your baby has continued to grow and may now weigh almost 8 pounds. As cozy as he is, your baby can't stay inside you forever. {isn't that the truth?! The 27th is the final day he is allowed to stay}

What's happening to mama this week: It's hard not to be anxious when your due date comes and goes and you're still hugely pregnant (especially when well-meaning family and friends keep calling to check on your status!). But don't fret — you won't be pregnant forever. There's a good chance you'll go into labor on your own this week, and if you don't, you'll be induced by 42 weeks, or earlier if you or your baby has any problems. * I'll be induced when I am exactly 41 weeks and 6 days!

Sex: Still a baby boy

Maternity clothes: I'm living in VS yoga pants and my long tanks during the day. Both non maternity, but both stretchy

Sleep: Horrible. I am back to waking up every hour to pee and I've been having strong enough contractions to where they wake me up

Best moment(s) of the week: Losing my mucus plug :P

Movement: Lots of rolls and jabs in the ribs

Food cravings/aversions: PB&J's have been a MAJA' craving this week. With a nice big cold glass of non fat milk please

Morning sickness: Some queasiness here and there, but nothing that lasts the whole day

Symptoms: Lower back pain, groin pain, contractions, headaches, tiredness, cramps

Labor signs: Cramps and contractions and lower back pain

Belly button in or out: Its half way in and half way out. I'm gonna call it that it's never fully developed into an outie.

What I miss: my pre-pregnancy clothes/body, sleeping on my stomach. Tonight I really am missing my glass of vino

What I'm looking forward to: Troy's arrival! Any day now. If not, I am looking forward to my induction date although I know I'll be sweating bullets up until I get hooked up to the monitors and all the IV's get put in. Makes me nervous just thinking about it! I'll do 1 more "weekly update" before I get induced (if I make it that far)



Photobucket

4 comments:

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Whoa Troy you better make an appearance soon! Hang in there Karli!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

CHIN UP FRIEND...you know they HAVE to come out haha

as for the pb and j w/milk. OHHH HELLOOOO WHAT DO YOU THINK I CRAVE FOR LUNCH EVERYDAY?

that's also the protein of choice i bring to the birthing center to eat after i give birth! (2 of them actually)

can't wait to hear what the dr says!

A Real Housewife said...

the non stress test is no biggy. they strap you to a little monitor for 15 minutes to check the flow of little man's heartbeat.

good luck--i hope troy arrives soon!

= said...

what is the exact name of that vino wine? i have heard this on more than one blog.. is that short for something?? lol ..just started following ur blog.. u look great!! to just have a little one!